FDF CODE OF CONDUCT POLICY STATEMENT AND DRESS CODE
I, an FDF participant, acknowledge and agree to abide by the FDF Code of Conduct and further agree to accept the consequences for any actions that violate the rules of conduct as outlined below:
- Use of illicit narcotics of any kind is against the law and is strictly prohibited at all times by any participant at the Greek Orthodox Folk Dance & Choral Festival.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages involving participants under the age of 21 at the Greek Orthodox Folk Dance & Choral Festival, in hotel rooms or at any of its related functions, is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking by participants under the age of 18 at any function of the Greek Orthodox Folk Dance & Choral Festival is strictly prohibited. Smoking by adults is permitted only in publicly designated smoking areas.
- Participants under the age of 18 will be subject to a curfew from 2:00 AM until 6:00 AM. No participant, minor or adult, shall loiter in hotel/facility halls or common areas, creating disruptive noise during these hours.
- Visiting any hotel room, for which you are not listed as a registered guest, between the hours of 2:00 AM and 6:00 AM will be strongly discouraged.
- Disrespect of any kind shown to a fellow dancer, singer or any other individual is strictly prohibited.
- Damage to personal or public property of any kind is strictly prohibited and is the sole responsibility and liability of the person or persons involved.
- Any FDF attendee found in possession of a fake, forged, or improperly fastened wristband will immediately relinquish possession of said wristband to the FDF Management Team or FDF Board of Trustees and will be subject to disciplinary action.
These rules will be strictly enforced by Hotel, Convention Center and/or 3rd party security services. Violation of any of the above items may result in team probation, disqualification and possible eviction from any of the contracted facilities/venues for the Greek Orthodox Folk Dance & Choral Festival.
We ask that each participant use good judgment to determine what is appropriate dress for a Church-sponsored, family event such as FDF. Dress should be modest – not overly revealing or potentially scandalous in any way. Please respect yourself and others by dressing in an appropriate manner.
- Writing and/or depictions on shirts, jackets, hats, or any clothing should be free of obscenities or other inappropriate references.
- No sagging or baggy pants.
- Dresses and/or tops should not be low cut or too revealing in the front.
- No “lingerie” type tops; No skintight clothing; No backless tops or dresses.
- Skirts, dresses, or shorts should be of an adequate length to assure modesty while seated and while participating in FDF activities (especially when walking across stage!). No miniskirts.
- No slits or see-through garments.
**Female Attire: If you have a dress/top that is backless, it is permissible if you wear a jacket or sweater over it.
FDF reserves the right to require participants and/or attendees to change their attire if it is deemed to be inappropriate. Failure to comply with such requirements may result in eviction from any event or the entire weekend. Participants may also risk probation or disqualification for their groups/communities.
Signature for and/or receipt of your wristband to access FDF events confirms your agreement & acknowledgment.